Friday, October 10, 2008

We Will be in McPain (If He's Elected)

I’m the first to admit that Rolling Stone is somewhat slanted. Oddly enough, I don’t normally read it; however, a friend of mine sent me the link below:

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/coverstory/make_believe_maverick_the_real_john_mccain

This is something everyone needs to read. I’ve never been a fan of John McCain’s. I’ve never trusted him; perhaps it’s his tone or his temper. Perhaps it’s the fact he constantly flips on issues. After reading this article I was furious and appalled. I’ve never fought on the front lines. I have very mixed feelings on war…I went to a Quaker high school for God’s sake. Violence is not usually my first course of action. Having said that, I have nothing but the utmost respect for people who lay it on the line for the rest of us. It’s thanks to those people I’m able to sleep at night and sit here and write this blog right now. My stepfather, uncle and grandfathers have all fought in a war. These are men that I love and admire greatly. They put themselves in danger for me and for you. They hid behind nothing.

McCain, on the other hand, hid behind a name, a rank and a legacy of great men before him. I think he may even be more dangerous than Bush! McCain, like Bush, comes from a wealthy, privileged legacy. He is no P.O.W. He was captured with several other men. I believe this was the first time he actually crashed his plane because he completed a mission and stayed on-target. The man had a previous flight record of crashing a lot, he started a large fire resulting in lives lost and chased a lot of women. He knows nothing of staying the course, he knows nothing about strategy. He is not a great man. I think the above article says it all. He is an angry, misogynistic man who will throw us all under the bus to get what he wants.
In the movie Primary Colors, the Clinton character Jack Stanton (Travolta) said:

You don't think Lincoln was a whore before he was president? He had to tell his stories and smile his back-country grin. He did that so one day he'd have the opportunity. . . to stand before the nation and appeal to our better nature. That's where the bullshit stops. That's what it's all about. Making the most of it, doing it the right way. You know that there are plenty of people in this game. . . .who don't think that way. They'll sell their souls. . . .Iie to people, divide them, play on their fears, for nothing. Just for the prize

Well “my friends,” McCain is the very person Travolta warned us of. He doesn’t care about you or I, he wants to win because he wants to win. He has a horrible temper which is more of a danger than anything. How can he possibly be diplomatic? He gets angry and has a tantrum when things don’t go his way. The Rolling Stone article mentions that he never played well with others (clearly this hasn’t changed), and that he used to have these fits of rage where he would hold his breath until he passed out. I’m no doctor but it seems like he suffers from some personality disorders, possibly even schizophrenia. He should not be allowed to run!!! I cannot imagine what would happen if he won. There are no words for my contempt. He constantly criticizes Obama’s association with Ayers (which is tenuous at best) but hello…Keating! That was not such a tenuous association he vacationed at the man’s house!

Long story short, here is a man who leaves his wife because she is left crippled after an accident. He drives his current wife to drugs and alcohol. He bullies everyone because he wants what he wants. He was never a great student or a true hero. He DID NOT spend five years as a prisoner (he spent two). He himself may not have lied about his record, but he sure lets everyone exaggerate it. Is there a difference? He coughed up info under duress, while other men died because of their silence. Please…this is the man you want running the country? We don’t have to agree on everything. We may even differ on some of the fundamentals, but I’m begging you not to let this man take over. He is going to do what he is done so many times before…sacrifice everyone else but himself.

Forget the fact that he has limited military knowledge, poor credentials and an explosive temper; he is not a good man. He will not make decisions in our interest. He shouldn’t be president!

No comments: